FREE Tutorial - Vexolo Amos earrings
- 14mm round rivoli
- Amos par Puca beads "A" - click here
- Vexolo beads "B" - click here
- 5x8mm Spike beads "C" - click here
- 10/0 Czech seed beads (Toho round 11/o) "D" - click here
- 13/0 Czech seed beads (Toho round 15/o) "E" - click here
- 4 mm Fire polished beads "F" - clich here
- Ear wires - click here
- Chain - click here
- 5-7mm jump rings - click here
1. Needle your thread and pick up 1A, 1D, 1B, 1D (4 times total). Make sure your Vexolos lay all face up. Make a double knot leaving 20cm tail. Needle this thread tail and sew 1-2 times through all the beads then carefully cut this thread.
2. Turn the element upside down. Go out of any A and sew through its other hole as shown.
3. Pick up 11E and go to the next A bead.
4. Repeat 4 times. After adding the last arch sew through 6E of the first arch.
5. Pick up 2E, 1D, 2E and sew through the middle bead of the next arch. Repeat in a circle. Don’t pull the thread.
6. Place the rivoli face down, pull the thread…
7. …and sew through all the seed beads of the step 5 once more.
8. Go out of marked E. Pick up 1E and sew through 3 center beads. Repeat 3 times more.
9. Sew through seed beads as shown to go out of A.
10. Sew through 2E.
11. Pick up 1F, sew through the opposite 2E. Then through 1A and 2E. Repeat in a circle.
12. After adding the last F go out of E as shown.
13. Pick up 1E and sew through B.
14. Pick up 1E and go through 1E, 1A, 1E. Repeat.
15. The result.
16. Follow the thread path on the photo to go out of the marked E. Pick up 1E, 1F, 1E, sew through the opposite 1E.
17. Back to 1E, 1F, 1E.
18. Then through 2E.
19. Add 2D, 1C, 2D and sew through E beads as shown. Repeat steps 16-19.
20. Follow the line to go out of D.
21. Pick up 3E and go through 1E, 1B, 1E.
22. Pick up 3E and go through 1D, 1C, 1D. Repeat steps 21-22 in a circle.
23. The result. I recommend sewing through these beads of steps 21-22 once more to force the weaving.
To hide the thread tail sew through some beads and seed beads following the thread path (and turn some times to “tangle” your thread), go to the back side and carefully cut off the thread.
24. To add a chain open a jump ring and place it under one arch as shown. Then put on your chain and close the jump ring.
25. Add another chain to the opposite side. Connect chains using one more jump ring and add an ear wire.