Free Tutorial: Necklace made of ZoliDuo
Starting your work:
Start with a comfortable thread length. I recommend about 5 feet (about 1.50 meter) for starting.
String a stopper bead leaving about 4″ (10 cm) tail. Go through the stopper bead twice to anchor the bead. (Stopper bead is an 11/0 round seed beads different color from those you are working with. This bead you will remove at the end of your work or if mentioned otherwise).
Never use the same thread you worked in your beading project to attach the clasp. Use a new thread. This will assure and allow you to replace the clasp in case in got broken or extend your work, without losing your work.
Usually I think it is best to knot the new thread into the work a few beads before the end of the thread. The knot should be between two beads and then continue through the beads that the old thread is coming out of. Only then finish the old thread.
Finishing Added Thread:
Never cut the thread near the knot point. The knot point is a weak point and can be opened. After attaching the new thread between two beads with double knot, I recommend to take the short tail left and pass it back through the beads (at least 2 inches) before cutting.
Finishing your beadwork:
Finish all threads before adding the clasp. Try to leave the beads you will attach the clasp to, free from threads as much as you can.
- Pick up 1xZB, 1xR8, 1xZB, 1xR11, 1xR8, 1xR11 (Pay attention to the ZB position). Go up through the free hole of the ZB.
- Pick up 1xZB, 1xR8, 1xZB. Go through the free hole of the opposite ZB.
Turn your work to the right.
Pick up 1xR11 1xSW3, 1xR11. Go up through the free hole of the ZB.
- Pick up 1xR11, 1xZB, 1xR8, 1xZB. Go through the free hole of the oppositeZB
- Pick up 1xR11 1xR8, 1xR11. Go up through the free hole of the ZB.
- Repeat steps 2-5 until you reach your desired length. Finish with step 5.
- At the ends pick up 1xR8, 1XR11 and go through the free hole of the ZB
- Pick up 4xR11, 1xR8, clasp, 1xR8 and 1xR11. Close them to a circle on the ZB, R8, ZB. Go through all to inforce the thread and finish the thread.
- Repeat on the other side of the necklace and attached second half of the clasp.
Enjoy your Beading!
For this project you will need:
- ZoliDduo Beads - click here
- SWAROVSKI 5238 3mm - click here
- 8/0 Seed Beads - click here
- 11/0 Seed Beads - click here
- Fireline - click here
- Findings - click here